We issue monthly newsletters to keep hospital infection control professionals, nurses, and physicians up-to-date about technical, timely, and important news regarding infection control topics.
The DICON Newsletters for calendar year 2019 are listed below as examples of this valuable resource
- January 2019 - Roll Up Your Sleeves and Get to Work: Evaluating Bare Below the Elbows
- February 2019 - Probing for Problems: An Overview of Ultrasound Device-Associated Transmission of Infectious Diseases
- March 2019 - Decolonization of Hospitalized MRSA Carriers May Be Beneficial but the Devil is in the Details
- April 2019 - TYRX Pocket - The Perfect Pocket?
- May 2019 - Aerosols in the hospital: What we know and what we should worry about
- June 2019 - Updated Recommendations for TB Testing and Treatment for Health Care Personnel
- July 2019 - Update on the Risks and Prevention of Infection after Procedures Involving Duodenoscopes
- August 2019 - Who Left the Door Open?
- September 2019 - ResPECTing Influenza: N95 vs. Surgical Masks to Prevent Healthcare Transmission
- October 2019 - Preventing Surgical Site Infections During Cesarean Delivery
- November 2019 - Blood Cultures before antibiotics-Sequnce matters
- December 2019 - When Sterilization Fails
- January 2020 - Grassroots Infection Prevention: Five Simple Rules for Establishing Rapport and Improving Morale
- February 2020 - Hand Hygiene Surveillance Methods
- March 2020 - The Evidence Behind Social Distancing
- April 2020 - COVID-19 Testing
- May 2020 - COVID-19 in the Community: Nursing Homes
- June 2020 - COVID-19 Transmission and the Ongoing Need for Universal Masking
- July 2020 - Isolation and Quarantine using the “10+1” Rule: Does the CDC’s Math Add Up?
- August 2020 - CLABSIs in the Time of COVID-19
- September 2020 - Leveraging urine testing to improve the diagnosis of UTIs
- October 2020 - IDWEEK 2020: Highlighted Abstracts and DCASIP Research Presentation Synopsis
- November 2020 - COVID-19 Vaccine Prospects