We issue monthly newsletters to keep hospital infection control professionals, nurses, and physicians up-to-date about technical, timely, and important news regarding infection control topics.
The DICON Newsletters for calendar year 2018 are listed below as examples of this valuable resource:
- January 2018 - Periarticular Injection Practices in DICON/DASON Hospitals
- February 2018- C the Diff: What is New in the 2017 IDSA/SHEA Clinical Practice Guidelines for Clostridium difficile Infections?
- March 2018 - Interferon-gamma release assays (IGRA) testing of Healthcare Workers: More pitfalls than benefits
- April 2018 - Ultraviolet Disinfection Technology
- May 2018 - The New MDRO on the Block: Candida auris
- June 2018 - Long-Term Trends in Rates of Selected Healthcare-Associated Infections in Hospitals Affiliated with DICON
- July 2018 - Pre-operative Bathing: What is the Current Evidence?
- August 2018 - Diagnostic Stewardship, Part II: Understanding indications for collecting blood cultures for hospitalized adult patients
- September 2018 - Mandatory influenza vaccination policies
- October 2018 - Copper Surfaces and the Impact on Healthcare-Associated Infections
- November 2018 - Infection Prevention Down the Drain: Sinks as Sources of Transmission of Multidrug Resistant Organisms in Healthcare Settings
- December 2018 - Preoperative Staphylococcus aureus surveillance, decolonization, and the implications for SSI prevention and antibiotic prophylaxis
- January 2019 - Roll Up Your Sleeves and Get to Work: Evaluating Bare Below the Elbows
- February 2019 - Probing for Problems: An Overview of Ultrasound Device-Associated Transmission of Infectious Diseases
- March 2019 - Decolonization of Hospitalized MRSA Carriers May Be Beneficial but the Devil is in the Details
- April 2019 - TYRX Pocket - The Perfect Pocket?
- May 2019 - Aerosols in the hospital: What we know and what we should worry about
- June 2019 - Updated Recommendations for TB Testing and Treatment for Health Care Personnel